A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eight Months Old

Dear Brooke,


Well you are 8 months old and have finally mastered sitting! I love this milestone for so many reasons; a few being you are more fun to hold and play with. But its kind of funny that you don’t roll and hate tummy time. So I don’t think you’ll be going anywhere on your own for quite some time, which is fine by me!


You are such a good little eater and have really chunky thighs to show for it! You love all food and eat twice/day and I still nurse you 4 times per day. I am proud to say I make your food which includes a variety of fruits and vegetables which I cook and puree then freeze in ice cube trays.


This past month you took your 4th flight back to Minnesota to spend Thanksgiving with your Grandma, Uncle Elliott, Aunt Jill and cousin Emma. We had a lovely time even though it was so short. I’ll never forget this Thanksgiving dinner. You sat at the end of the table in a high chair and during dinner started grunting and turning bright red! For about half of dinner you were pooping and we were all laughing at you! :-) After Thanksgiving we drove down to Iowa for the Hackman Christmas party and then the last night we stayed with my cousin Joy and you got to play with her boys.



We have already done a few festive activities. I took you with me to my co-worker Christmas breakfast and gift exchange. There were about 17 ladies and you got passed around the entire time and they all loved you! Then as a family we went to the Woodinville and Redmond holiday festivals with lights and treats.






You are now fully vaccinated from the seasonal flu and H1N1. I’m so sorry to put you through so many shots but with all of our travels this year I felt it necessary. But we didn’t escape a cold. This past week we’ve both had a stuffy/runny nose and mild cough. This is your first official cold so not too bad. I expect we’ll be partners in sickness which helps me understand the degree of your symptoms.


Love,

Mommy

No comments: