A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

This is the first year in a long time where Jason and I didn't dress up. We are just having a movie night at home. But Brooke was a cute little yellow puppy dog! We had her professional 6 month photos taken a week ago and she was wearing her costume in one of the photos. The family photo at the top of the blog is from that shoot. Once I get more from the photographer I'll post, although I'm sure some of you have seen the ones she posted on FB.

Anyway today Brooke and I went for a walk. Her stroller has a flat tire so I had her in the backpack, like the picture below. Thanks E & J for the backpack! We took the dogs for a walk down to the horses in our neighborhood. I walked over to the fence and called for the horses to come over so Brooke could see them. One in particular was very curious and came right over. So I picked some grass and fed it to him. Brooke thought that was pretty funny and laughed! It was so cute. I did it a few more times and she laughed every time. It's funny how I 'stop to smell the roses' now that I have a little one. I'm sure there will be many more times like this ahead of me! I love being a mom!

4 comments:

Jill, Elliott, and Emma said...

So glad you can use the backpack!!! Emma was so bug that I couldn't use it for very long because it hurt my back:) When she was older I would put her in it and give her the leash to hold while I walked the dogs!!! Glad you are enjoying mommy-hood!!! See you soon )I'm already planning our meal:))

Gail Tester said...

Honey, Your dad read this and said, "Gail, check the blog....it made me cry reading what she wrote"... and sure enough he was in there all teary eyed. It gives us so much joy knowing how happy you and J are being parents! You and Brooke look adorable in this pic!!!

Mom said...

I knew you would love being a mom and that is why i encouraged you and j to become parents--i knew you would both love it and the world needs kids by folks like the two of you darlings to populate it!!! Miss you all soooooo much!! see you soon!!
Jill-can't wait to see you guys too!!

Mom said...

oh yea--I remember telling you how children are sooo cool cuz they really do help you live in the moment like nothing else can--they are so spontaneous and fun to watch the wonderment on their tiny faces!!