A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Five Months Old

Dear Brooke,
You are now 5 months old and this month I can believe you are 5 months. It just seems like you are such a part of our lives now that I can hardly remember what it was like without you! You are the perfect addition to your dad's and my life!

Today you had your first hip x-ray to see if the harness was truly successful and your hips are perfect!! You'll get your next x-ray in 4 months to track your hip development. When I was holding your legs during the x-ray I noticed that your left leg is a little shorter than your right. The doc confirmed this but said its nothing to worry about and is normal. So I guess if you happen to have back problems when you are older you'll know why.

I guess the big changes this month is you are able to hold things better. You can entertain yourself for a while with toys and you love to put everything in your mouth! You like to take your binky out of your mouth and chew on all sides of it. :-) You also laugh at a lot more things which is so fun.

You have really cut back on your day time napping to only about 3 hours/day! But I guess the 10+ hours at night allows for enough sleep. As far as mobility you still stay in one place. When I help you roll over you just roll right back. Its actually really nice that I don't have to worry about you rolling off the changing table.


Your Papa and Gigi came to visit us this month. We had a wonderful trip to Mt. Rainier. You were a perfect baby and enjoyed being carried around in the front pack when we went hiking.

You helped us celebrate our 8 year anniversary with a boat ride from Seattle to a little island where we enjoyed a salmon dinner. You were the only kid on the trip and got lots of attention because you are so adorable and well behaved!

You are much more observant including watching the show on our anniversary night. Your sitter Jaime takes you to children's concerts and music class and she said you really enjoy yourself and smile the whole time! This past month you have started looking at your hand painted bug mobile hanging above your crib. You are so cute when I come in to get you in the morning... just a happy smiley baby watching the mobile.

We love you so much and enjoy singing a song your dad made up just for you.

I'm a little peanut short and stout,
Everyone says I'm the cutest, I have no doubt.
With my big blue eyes and fuzzy wuzzy hair,
When dad takes me out all the ladies stare.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the pics. can't wait to kiss and hug you all. see u this next week!!