You are 3 months old and have been quite the frequent flyer. We visited dad's side of the family in Michigan and had a wonderful time staying at your Grandma's house. She loved her time with you and misses you so much. You got to meet your cousins Emma and Chase and all of your aunts and uncles. Your great grandma was so happy to hold you for the first time! She fractured her hip recently but is recovering well and it was so sweet to see her kids taking such good care of her. We have a wonderful Patterson family.
Sadly just 5 days ago your other great grandma (my mom's mom) passed away at 90 years old. She was the last of my grandparents but lived a good life raising 13 kids, had 37 grandchildren and 32 great grandchildren including you! I had hoped she would get to meet you in a few months when we attend the Hackman Christmas party. But we attended the funeral with your Papa and are still in Iowa visiting family. Before the funeral we arrived late to the wake and after it was over all of my aunts and uncles swarmed us with hugs and cooing over you! The funeral was a Catholic mass and I'm so glad we were able to be there. Your dad wasn't able to make this trip and really misses you but your Papa is so happy to spend this time with you!
We are now making the rounds visiting our wonderful family. My cousin Joy had her second baby just 5 days after you. You and Brody kind of look alike!
Brooke you are such a joy to travel with! I don't think you could be any easier. You are becoming more interactive with making eye contact all of the time and even following people as they move about. You are so smiley which shows off your cute little dimple, which you got from me. Most of your other features come from daddy but I can at least claim this one since he doesn't have dimples. Mine and yours are both on the right side too!
This stage with you is so fun especially when you talk back which is soooo cute!! We have caught you sucking your thumb a few times and you occasionally watch your hands then put them in your mouth which has contributed to a little drool. You like to pull up your dress and show "your wears" as dad says. You also pick up on the TV and will turn your head toward it. I never thought it would attract you so soon!
You have been wearing your harness now for 10.5 weeks and only have a couple more weeks to go! I'm so glad your hips have formed properly in the harness. I think I'm going to have to relearn how to hold you without your harness because you are more floppy! But it will be so nice to not have limitations on clothing. You can now wear pants, leggings and full PJs! On our trip to Iowa I found out one of your second cousins was also born with hip dysplasia and wore a harness for 12 weeks. She is now 8 years old and her hips good!
I will be going back to work next week and can't believe my maternity leave is already over. Actually I had to extend it a week due to the funeral. I think the transition back will be fine, especially because I'll only be working 20 hours/week. Plus you now sleep at least 9 hours every night! A lady who lives near my work and watches one of my co-worker's daughters will be watching you. She used to work at a daycare so I'm sure you'll be well taken care of.
I'm looking forward to watching you continue to develop but your dad and I want you to stay small longer! I cherish the moments when you are asleep on my chest and I give you a gentle squeeze.
Love,
Mom


4 comments:
Oh how lovely and boy do I miss little Brooke--It just isn't the same without her in the house (Emma too) How blessed I am to have such beautiful and adorable little Grand daughters--oh how I wish we all lived close to each other and I could babysit for them whenever and pop in the car for a guick visit--Grams who have their Grand kids close are soooooooooooooooooooooo lucky!! See you all in September. Love kisses and many, many hugs.
Tomorrow is a big day for you both--I sure wish I was taking care of baby Brooke-I miss her sooooooo dang much. Well so long for now. Luv to all. Hugs and kisses.
Waiting more posts--how did dr. visit go today?
Miss you all so much as always--will Brooke be out of harness soon, i hope? Thanks for the pics--they sure mean a lot to me. Luv to all.
Post a Comment