A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, May 1, 2009

First night with one feeding

I cut out one feeding last night! There are 9 hours between the last night time feeding and the morning feeding so rather than just skip the first 3 hour feeding I split the difference and fed her at 4.5 hours. But before the morning feeding she was crying and ready to eat again. I also had to wake her for the 4.5 hour feeding. So night I'll try going 6 hours and feed her 3 hours before the morning feeding. I think this will work better. I also swaddled her really tight for bedtime and gave her a pacifier so she slept great! We had tried swaddling her before but never got it tight enough, thanks to our pediatrician we now know how to do it right.

We are going to have a fabulous day today! I plan to plant my first bed of veggies. Mostly lettuce, some broccoli and tomatoes.

6 comments:

Jill, Elliott, and Emma said...

I wish you the best of luck with Brooke's eating and sleeping! But if it doesn't work, don't stress! They'll let you know what they need:) Emma just decided one night that she was going to sleep and that was that... the exact night she turned 11 months:)

Take Care, Jill

Jenn said...

Gosh u are so lucky, Holly! U are so going to have a second one, I tell ya :)

THM said...

Don't cut out feedings too soon. Breastfed babies need to eat about every 2-3 hours. It won't last forever and she's only a few weeks old - if that! The best thing to do is let her dictate feedings and let her feed on demand I'd say for at least 6-8 weeks. Then you can start trying to ween her from some night feedings. Just my opinion of many! You'll do what is right for you and Brooke. Just giving you another perspective. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I completely believe that every baby is so different as far as feedings and sleeping goes. Daniel slept 7-8 hours a night before he hit 2 months and now does on average 10 hours a night! I know you'll find the groove that fits best :-).

kerriek said...

We never got the swaddling right and finally gave up, glad you figured it out!
Have fun planting!

Mom said...

Such a cute little papoos!!!