A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brooke 4 days old

Yesterday was soooo nice out. We enjoyed hanging out on the lawn for the afternoon.


Sleepy baby on the quilt that my good friend Toni made and in the adorable knitted hat made by Jason's Aunt Deb!


Okay, so this may sound a little strange and I was hesitant at first to do this but we saved the placenta and buried it in the yard. We froze it until we had a nice sunny day. The hole is deep enough so the dogs can't get to it! Before Brooke was born Jason and I went to Flower World and picked out a plant to plant on top of it. We decided on a pink Camilla which blooms Feb. through April so it'll be blooming during her birthday every year!
I know the day will come one day when we sell this house and I can't even image how hard that will be regardless of the fact that we custom designed and built this house but now Brooke was born in our master bathroom and her placenta is buried in the yard!




Just enjoying the weather with all of my 'kids'!

3 comments:

THM said...

You have really amazed me during your pregnancy, labor, delivery, and now as a new mom. I wish we lived closer together and could share all of these fun things! Brooke is just precious!

Love,
Toni

Mom said...

It's soooooooo hard being soooo far away and not being there to share in all the blessings in person--I can't wait to get there May 1 and hold the little darling. I love the pics. Thanks!! Everyone sends their love. Hugs and Kisses

Anonymous said...

Holly, I know this is way late but Lynn and I also buried the placenta in our back yard from one of our home births. Not weird at all. Also have a long time friend that planted a tree when each child was born and at every birthday they take a picture by the tree. Very cool to see the pictures over time. (They are now in their 20's). Tom Gathmann