A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

40 Weeks & 6 Days

Still no signs of labor. I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon to get my membranes stripped. I hope this will start labor so I can meet Brooke tomorrow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least she'll be strong and healthy when you do finally meet her. Its all that extra time in the cooker :-).

THM said...

I'm keeping my phone nearby tonight anxiously awaiting your phone call!

Jen said...

It worked with Hudson :). She will be healthy and strong!! I can't wait to hear the news. I've been just a little obsessive about checking your blog and my email to hear that labor has started or she's arrived!! :)

Anonymous said...

Kurt and I are checking your blog regularly for news.
Lots of babies come past their due date. I guess they just want some incubation time. She'll come when she's ready! Stay patient. (But hurry up because we are on pins and needles!) :) Kelli

AllisonK said...

The stripping of the membranes seemed to get Peyton out - hope it does the same for Brooke!

Jack said...

Have you tried placing you hand in warm water? I saw that on teevee once.

Joe and Jenelle Taflin said...

Hang in there, Holly!

Kalie said...

WOW I can't believe Brooke hasn't arrived yet...your Dr. Apt should definitely work, I just walked a ton after my apt. and that seemed to start my contractions. Good Luck, I can't wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

Holly & Jason ~ She is just getting you ready for all the times you will have to wait for her.. She is teaching you patience :) Can't wait to meet Brooke!!!
Denise Jacobsen