A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, March 27, 2009

38 Weeks


I can't believe I only have +/- 2 weeks left! Time flies.

I plan to work right up until my due date or when I actually go into labor if that is sooner. I am feeling the pressure (putting it on myself) to get all loose ends tied up before I go. The hard part is I have a big project that I've been working on for almost 2 years and its one of the biggest road projects the city has done. The project is to widen and improve the intersection of US-2/Chain Lake Road and we are trying to get funding for construction from the Federal Stimulus Package. We are currently on the contingency list for Snohomish County projects and we are first on the list! So I have to assume we will get the money so I'm making sure I've done as much as I can to make this project ready for construction.

Trying to wrap things up at the end is such a weird feeling because in the past I have had a definite last day, like when quiting a job. I also don't care quite as much about loose ends if I'm quiting but since I'll be back in 3 months I want to make sure the coverage while I'm gone goes smoothly.

My co-workers have put together a pool for guessing the day and time Brooke will be born! I think we have about 20 guesses so far and most of them are after the due date (which is what I'm hoping for). I guessed April 16th at 9 am. There is a full moon on April 9th so some people are incorporating that into their guess. :-)

Everything checked out great with the midwife last night! Brooke has definitely dropped over the last 1-2 weeks since I feel more pressure on my bladder when I'm walking. The end is near....

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope you mean April 16th! :o) You wouldn't want to be pregnant for 13 months!

I'm very excited for you! I can't wait to meet little Brooke!

Holly said...

Thanks Tiff! Yes I meant April not August. :-)

THM said...

Wow! You now look like you're 9 months pregnant. You look a lot bigger than you did when we were in town;-) How exciting. I can't wait to get your phone call!

Mom said...

I'm soooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!! Wish I was there for the big event!!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers all day, every day!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you!! Could be any day! :) I keep checking your blog, even though we're only yards apart, I'm not sure how I'll find out first... but feel free to call when you're ready for a visitor! I can't wait to meet her!