A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting ready for the wedding - Candles

This past week I made some candles for my dad and Gail's (referred to as the parents in future blogs!) wedding this summer. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we will be visiting the Lavender Festival before the wedding to pick up some things for decoration. But I found this really neat store in Seattle called Pelindaba Lavender and everything is made from lavender from San Juan Island. I picked up a beautiful bouquet of dried lavender and used it in my candles along with lavender oil to make them smell heavenly! I also made a dozen little purple lavender scented floating candles!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made those! You will have to show me how once I get this stubborn kid out me :-). They look great!

Grandpa said...

Holly.... THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PERFECT! I AM GETTING SO EXCITED! LOVE YOU... GAIL (MOM :) )

THM said...

How am I ever going to live up to all of your cool crafts? You go girl!

Mom said...

Those are beautiful!!